Small Project Grant Program
With support from our sponsors, donations, memberships and funds received from community support programs (including Smiths Reward Program and Amazon Smile), Friends of Utah State Parks initiated our Small Project Grant Program in 2015. Since then FUSP has awarded several grants for park projects, educational resources or interpretative programs.
For more information about Small Project Grants for Utah state parks, please contact an FUSP board member.
FUSP grant application (pdf) (Application deadline March 31, 2019)
2018 Grant Awards
- Willard Bay State Park ($500)
Entrance signs and dam/reservoir interpretive signs.
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park Sand ($500)
- Update sand collection display in Visitor’s Center, two area maps, and information kiosks.
- Wasatch Mountain State Park ($500)
Replace light fixtures and shields necessary to comply with Lightscape Management requirements to become a International Dark Sky Park.
- Dead Horse Point State Park ($500)
Trail markers on to keep visitors on the trails and reduce resource damage from the creation of social trails.
- Frontier Homestead State Park Museum ($500)
Marketing and promotion of the third annual Frontier Folklife Festival
- Great Salt Lake State Park ($500)
Park entrance and visitor center maps and interpretive signage.
- Fred Hayes State Park at Starvation ($500)
Planting of trees in campgrounds where there is limited shade
- Deer Creek State Park ($500)
Redesign and restripe Sailboat Beach parking lot for easier access and more parking.