With the support of our sponsors, members, community support programs and donations, it is the goal of Friends of Utah State Parks to help restore and enhance the aesthetics of Utah State Parks' campgrounds, beaches and other park areas by providing matching funding for new trees.
Program goals are to:
- Grant matching fund assistance to plant 50 trees (10-15’) each year for the next 10 years,
- Promote and increase a healthy tree canopy within Utah State Parks to be good stewards of our environment,
- Enhance the landscape of our state parks and the enjoyment of park visitors,
- Provide a hands-on educational experience for park visitors, and
- Collaborate with local community partner organizations and individuals.
2019/2020 Tree Initiative Matching Grants
- East Canyon State Park campground
- Fred Hayes State Park at Starvation campground
- Green River State Park campground
- Palisade State Park campground
- Wasatch Mountain State Park “Picnic it” day use